Koto and shamisenHow about to play a soft and beautiful sounds?
(Application period: February to the end of October 2022 Dates: 13 sessions in total between November 2022 and April 2023)
We will hold a workshop for those who experience koto and shamisen for the first time.
In addition to the joy of being able to play one song with a Japanese instrument, from the unique way of taking Japanese music, you can learn and enjoy manner.
Those who wish to participate in the concert next spring with professionals of koto, shamisen, shakuhachi, and hayashi. You can also experience a full-scale stage performance (ensemble).
Recommended for first-time those who want to try it out, and those who want to have a new hobby.
This is a total of 10 workshops to be held between November 2022 and April 2023. Please check the details below and register on the web. After the workshop, those who wish to participate will be invited to perform on stage at the "3rd Raku Uta Odori Chorus" recital to be held on April 30, 2023 at the Nihonbashi Public Hall (separate registration is required).
(Separate application and participation fee are required. Please contact your local instructor for details.)
[Participants] Beginners of elementary school age and above. Adults can also participate.
[Schedule] 10 times in total from November 2022 to April 2023
* The dates vary depending on the district. We will inform you after applied.
* 10 times includes ensemble practice. Check the number of times and schedule with the instructor in charge of each district
[Participation fee] 1,000 yen each time (as a musical instrument rental fee)
* Koto picks (tume) and shamisen plectrum (bachi) required for performance will be rented. If you would like to purchase, please contact the instructor in charge of each district. (About 3,300 yen to 4,480 yen).
* A place to participate in the concert held on April 30, 2023 after the workshop
In addition, a separate participation fee of 3,000 yen is required. The dress code for the concert is Kimono (Houmon-gi, and furisode). The preparation fee is not included in the presentation fee. If you would like to rent a Kimono, we will inform you.
[Application period] February 2022 to the end of October
* Since the classes will start in November, we recommend that you apply during October.
If you apply in November, you may be asked to join in the middle depending on the district.
[Venue］The venue in parentheses is the planned venue.
Minamiaoyama, Minato-ku (Seinan Iki-iki Plaza) Omotesando and Gaienmae Subway Stations
Shibaura Konan area, Minato-ku (Konan Iki-iki Plaza) JR Shinagawa station
Shinagawa Ward area, Shinagawa-ku (Gotanda Cultural Center) JR Gotanda station
Sendagaya ,Shibuya-ku (Sendagaya Social Education Center) JR Sendagaya station
Ebisu, Shibuya-ku area (Hasedo Social Education Center) JR Ebisu station
Meguro area, Meguro-ku (Meguro Ward Tadou Residential Center Mita Branch) JR Meguro station
Monzennakacho, Koto-ku (Furuishiba Cultural Center) Monzennakacho Subway Station
Toyosu area, Koto-ku (Toyosu Culture Center) Subway Toyosu station
Ota-ku area (Haginaka Culture Center) Keikyu Anamoriinari Sta.
Bunkyo-ku area (Kinro Fukushi Kaikan) JR Komagome station
Kita-ku area（Tabata Fureai Kan) JR Tabata and Komagome Stations
Suginami-ku area （Ogikubo Community Center) JR Ogikubo station
Machida City area (Machida Shimin Forum, Minami Shimin Center) JR Machida station
Sagamihara City area (Fujino Central Community Center) JR Fujino station
Yokohama City area (Kuraki Nohbutai) JR Isogo station
Misato City area (Misato City Cultural Center) JR Misato station
[Capacity] Some people in each district (first-come-first-served basis)
[How to apply] Please contact us from お申込みフォーム(←Click) or by email with the following 5 items. We will contact you with details later. If you didn't receive a reply from us within a week, please contact us again. (Email address: Japan Traditional Culture Association firstname.lastname@example.org )
1) Venue you wish to participate in (please select from the above)
2) Your desired instrument (koto or shamisen)
3) Name / Yomigana
5) Phone number
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as follows. Those who have applied will be accepted as if you were understood.
* A limited number of people are accepted and scheduled to be held to prevent COVID-19 infections.
When you participate, please follow the guid of instructor such as wearing masks, disinfecting hands, etc.
Please cooperate with infection control measures.
* The spread of infection and the accompanying changes in social conditions, the key points of the government and similar organizations
Depending on the request, the number of holdings, schedule, venue, etc. can be changed or canceled.
* If you do not cooperate with the above, you may be refused participation even after the course starts.